Thank you for visiting the Sensonics Ltd website. Sensonics takes the protection of your right to privacy very seriously. Below, we wish to inform about the data, which is compiled and used when you visit our site, to what extent this occurs and for which purposes.
Personal Data Collection
We collect personal data in a number of ways.
When you visit our website
When you voluntarily provide your personal data to us or it is provided to us by the organization you work for.
When you participate in trade fairs or other events
From publicly available sources (for example LinkedIn)
When it is necessary for us to provide or receive services in the execution of normal business activity
We buy services from selected third party vendors
Web Server Logs
In general, you can visit our site without divulging personal information to us.
However, the web server that hosts our site automatically compiles information from you, which are technically required in order to provide you access to our site. The web server automatically gathers certain information such as
- parts of your IP address,
- the date and time of your visit,
- the sub-pages you have visited,
- pages you had visited previously,
- the browser you are using,
- the operating system you are using ,
- the domain name and the address of your internet provider.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded to your computer’s hard drive or stored in your web browsers memory when you visit our site. Cookies help us understand which information and business interests you may have. Cookies help us improve the performance of our site and your experience of it. Cookies also allow us to remember your preference settings and to track patterns in how visitors navigate our site.
Prevention and/or Monitoring of Cookies
There are various methods of blocking, showing and removing cookies stored on your computer. It depends on which browser you are using. If you have any difficulties we recommend that you consult the individual manufacturer of the browser.
We wish to advise you that in case of amended browser settings it is possible that you will not be able to fully use all the functions of this web page.
Collection, Processing, Use and Transmission of Personal Data
We only collect data (except in the context of web server logs) from you if you give us your personal permission to use it for one of the services we offer (e.g. ordering informational material, inquiries). This data is exclusively processed and/or used for implementing the respective service. Where necessary, service providers may also be commissioned by us to perform the service requested (e.g. for the sending of informational material). Your personal data will not be sent to any other third parties.
You may choose not to have a unique web analytics cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid the aggregation and analysis of data collected on this website. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
International Data Transfer
The processing of data generated by our web page takes place on servers in European Union states or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA).
We retain your personal data in our active systems as long as you have accessed or used our site and services or have interacted with us off or online over the past twelve months, and as long as we may require the information for the purposes described in this Policy. Beyond this period, we archive your personal data in a secure environment or delete it. If you don’t log on to our web site for at least twelve months, you hereby agree that we may delete your accounts and all data associated with it. We may retain and use your information for longer periods to comply with any legal obligation, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
Please be advised that data is transmitted unsecured via the Internet and the danger thereby exists that third parties could intercept and use the data. You can also contact us at any time by post or telephone. For the purposes of the General data protection Regulations, the Data Protection Officer is Kevin Crowie, Sensonics Ltd, Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted, HP4 1EF. Phone 01442 860919.
Provided the legal conditions are met, under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to be forgotten and your personal data to be removed from our records.
- Right to access: You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is being used by us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have errors in your personal data to be corrected.
- Right to restrict: You have the right to restrict the use of your personal data for any specific type of processing.
- Right to objection: You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for any purpose proposed by us, if you believe that you have an overriding interest in excluding the processing of your personal data.
- Right to revoke: You have the right to revoke consent for the processing of your personal data.
- Right to appeal: You have the right to appeal to a data protection authority if you suspect that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
- Right to portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data, which you have directly provided to us and use it for other parties.
If you wish to exercise your rights please contact us using the contact information above and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
Status: June 2019
We point out that in future due to legal requirements, for example, this declaration may be subject to change. Please ensure that you stay regularly informed of the current status.